i have hotoffers on my computer and it has been causing every sex ad on the internet to pop up on my computer, it also has a little round red ball with a white X in the middle on it on my start bar, can someone help me remove it

Download Killbox v2.0.0.175 and unzip the file to your Desktop and have it ready to use.

-

Save all the below files to a text document (notepad) to be used shortly.

C:\WINDOWS\System32\param32.dll
C:\WINDOWS\System32\guninst.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\popup_bl.dll
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svrhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\systr.dll

Reboot into safe mode following the instructions here.

Open the text file you saved previously and right click and drag your cursor over the files to highlight them and then use Control+C to copy them to the clipboard..
Open KILLBOX and go to File...."Paste From Clipboard". All the files should now appear in the box (click on the Tab and check to make sure that only the files I have identified as malware and marked for deletion are there) . Then checkmark the "Delete on Reboot" box..and click the red X. You will get a message saying "File will be deleted on next reboot" , Process and Reboot now?" Click "Yes" and post a new log when you have rebooted.

Download HijackThis self-extracting zip version from here. Once downloaded, double click on the file & it will install into it's own, permanent folder.
Start HJT & press the "Do a system scan and save a log file" button. When the scan is finished a window will pop up giving you the option of where to save it. Save it to desktop where it is easy to access. Open the log file and copy the entire contents of the file & paste it into the body of your post. DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET. Most of what is there is necessary for the running of your system.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.