I cannot go online on my other computer. It is a Windows XP with SP2. I have ad-aware scanned it, Giant AntiSpyware scan, SpyBot S&D, and even Nortron AntiVirus. I'd post the Hijack this log, but I cant go online on that pc to post it. Please help, I need this fixed ASAP! PLEASE :sad:

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Why can't you go online? Do you get some kind of error message? What happens when you try to connect? Are you using dial-up, DSL, cable, or something else? Were you able to connect before and now can't? Please provide as much info as possible so someone can help.

I cannot go online on my other computer. It is a Windows XP with SP2. I have ad-aware scanned it, Giant AntiSpyware scan, SpyBot S&D, and even Nortron AntiVirus. I'd post the Hijack this log, but I cant go online on that pc to post it. Please help, I need this fixed ASAP! PLEASE :sad:

Had the same problem with a couple of PC's after installing Service Pack 2,the PC's used to work fine untill SP 2 was installed the fix was to go in and turn off the inbuilt windows firewall, and install a third Party firewall, something like the Free Zonealarm, or a paid firewall, like nortons. I'd suggest turning off your firewall for a short time and seeing if you can then connect.If so then thats the problem, if this doesnt work, please supply more details, like any error messages etc.:idea:

thnx, the firewall thing really helped, but one more question, i dont know if this is the right forum, but when I try to play most games, it says my graphics card can't support. Why? I have a brand new computer with a S3 UniChrome 64mb card, most of my games require a minum 32mb, i naturally suspect 64mb is over qualified.

Having a graphic card with 64Mb of memory is fine, but remember that some of that memory is being used by the PC while it is running in every day use. Just a suggestion ( and after working for 14 hours, and I missed lunch *&^@#!* grrrrr :eek: so the suggestion may not be to good....but) What you have to do is first see how much of the graphic Cards Memory is being used while it is running before loading any games, applications etc. Most PC's will use any thing from 12Mb upwards for graphics, some of the things that will affect this, is what type of desktop / background you have (example only), my laptop for example uses 18Mb just with a plain picture of the linux Penguin( yeah I run Windows, but hey !!) Any way.....look on your graphic card settings, you may need to right click on the icon in the task bar,you will have to look for them ( I have never used the card you have so I dont know its layout/settings) but somewhere in the Properties should be the information about how much memory its actually using. From there you can work out if there is enough memory on the card to run your games. BUT also remember that the 32Mb quoted is the Minimum, which means in simple terms, it will just do, more is better, let me know how you get on. Also what would be helpful is the complete error message, any error code numbers etc.

Im starving.... off to eat :D

K, thnx. I was searching the net for the graphics problem earlier, but i found out i my S3 card, doesnt spport much games, and its graphics suk. But how come my nVidia 64mb card works on my other pc just fine ( i beleive that one uses more graphics than this one).

K, thnx. I was searching the net for the graphics problem earlier, but i found out i my S3 card, doesnt spport much games, and its graphics suk. But how come my nVidia 64mb card works on my other pc just fine ( i beleive that one uses more graphics than this one).

Quite simply, not all graphic cards are created equal. Sometimes you have to read the fine print attached with card, either on the box ( if A new seperate card, or ask about specs in the PC from the seller). If you want a plain graphic card that will do text, like word documents, then a budget style card will do nicely, but if you want to play 3D games, then the price and the specs go up hand in hand.nVidia, normally put out good graphics, but then again, if you want a modest card, then their lower spec cards work good, once again though depending on what you want depends on the price at the end. If I were to build a gaming PC for one of my customers, there is no way I would put in a budget card, unless the customer asked for one, but then it would be a hopeless gaming PC, like wise I would never use onboard graphics once again for a gaming PC. But for a PC that was used in an office where it was going to be used mainly word documents, spread sheets etc, then onboard graphics would do fine.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.