Hi!!

Recently, my PC got infected with spyware.bingofun which only EWIDO detected and successfully removed it . Others like Spybot, Ad-Aware failed. So, exactly where do they stand when compared to Ewido and is Ewido the best choice ??

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

AFAIK, there is no universal antispyware software and there would never be...
I don't know much neither about "system programming" nor about content of a registry or sth. alike, but the thing is that you can free up your machine of spyware only by using conglomerate of antispyware aplpications, and, as there was "the God of Anti Spyware" Spybot S&D, there came AdAware and was better... now, perhaps, is a time for Ewido to take over the lead.

But "remaining" software is nevertheless very usefull and usable software.

And, remember, there is always a piece of dirt on your machine that refuses to be cleaned... :eek:

So,like, Ewido alone is not sufficient , right? Then which combination of anti-spyware works the best??

"And, remember, there is always a piece of dirt on your machine that refuses to be cleaned... "

What do you mean by that ??? I dont understand.

So,like, Ewido alone is not sufficient , right? Then which combination of anti-spyware works the best??

Well, for me, and it didn't backfired until today, the "ideal" combination of anti-spyware software (and other software for 'cleaning' computer) looks like this:
0. Restart computer in a safe-mode.
1. HijackThis just to confirm that there's no entries in registry that could influence work of other software...
2. CCleaner, to clean all the unnecesarry things from registry
3. AdAware, to deep scan registry and system area
4. Ewido, to scan whole machine, every drive (except CD and DVD drives), to dig out any other thing that a person didn't noticed in HJT log and that AdAware didn't found in deep scan of system area.

"And, remember, there is always a piece of dirt on your machine that refuses to be cleaned... "

What do you mean by that ??? I dont understand.

Just a kind of a joke, i'll say, because "authors" of spyware are jolly "inventive", so there's a need for a person to maintain fresh definition files of one's favorite antispyware combat package so there wouldn't be a chance for a "new" spyware to get through. Now, I hope that's clearer what I had in mind... yet I didn't express it well because English in not my native language so it got a little clumsy as if I'm trying to say that you can't under no circumstances clean your PC, and that's not true.

Remember, every owner/user of a PC that runs Windows has its own antispyware combat pack, so if you or anyone dissagree with me - feel fre to post his/her content of such a package.

Thanks for your patiency...

Best protective measures, in my opinion --

Nod32 (Antivirus)

Spybot

Ad-Aware

CounterSpy

Ewido

Any browser other then IE

Hardware firewall (if you have an internet connection that is not dial-up)

Software firewall

SpywareBlaster

Links to all of these, and more, can be found in the Protection link below.

HI!!!
dlh6213 has given a very good variety of software, but the thing is , keeping all of them is not at all a good option. So, like, wont Ewido be sufficient alone, maybe with Ad-Aware ??

Also , why does Norton Antivirus fall out when compared to Nod32?? I know Norton is very system heavy, is this the reason???

You should have everything I have listed there, with possible exception of Ewido & CounterSpy, one or the other of those two would be fine.

Not only is Nod32 lighter on the system, it is faster and detects more viruses then most others. Here is a comparison of just about every AV program there is:

http://www.virusbtn.com/library/files/4pg_reprint.pdf

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.