I took over for someone at work who just got fired and am using their computer and get these rundll error messages when I start the computer. I've run malwarebytes, and tried to clean the computer (it was getting a lot of popups) but I still get this message; and after a little research it sounds like this is a virus or trojan. The messages I get are:

Error loading C:\WINDOWS\detets.dll

The specified module could not be found.

Error loading C:\WINDOWS\iyezekaw.dll

What are these and how do I clean them up so I can actually get my work done!!!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I suggest that you check the system start-up. If it is XP you can do "Start", "Run" and put "msconfig" in the box. You will get to a series of tabs that show you the applications starting when the computer starts. Check the "Startup" tab and see if the dll's are being called from there. If not run regedit and search for the dll name in the keys.

I took over for someone at work who just got fired and am using their computer and get these rundll error messages when I start the computer. I've run malwarebytes, and tried to clean the computer (it was getting a lot of popups) but I still get this message; and after a little research it sounds like this is a virus or trojan. The messages I get are:

Error loading C:\WINDOWS\detets.dll

Error loading C:\WINDOWS\iyezekaw.dll

What are these and how do I clean them up so I can actually get my work done!!!

Hi and welcome to the Daniweb forums :).

==========

Read me before posting a request for assistance

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.