Ok, so here's the problem... I've recently been infected with Spysherrif and found the solution to getting it off my system on this forum. I've managed to follow the steps and have gotten rid of Spysherrif. The only problem I'm left with now, is the blue screen with the red text "Your system is infected!" and I can't seem to get rid of that... I can't manually change my desktop background either because the option to do so appears to be locked... What do I do now? :-s

thanks in advance!

-Pieter

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi,
Right-click on the below provided link, and click "Save As" ( or "Save Target As" or "Sace Link As" ), and when the "Save" dialog box appears, click "Save" button.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/reg/smitfraud.reg

The file will be saved with the default filename, smitfraud.reg.

Next, download Ewido and install it. Then run, you will receive a warning message saying "Database not found", click "OK" for this. Next in the main screen, click "Update" and click "Start Update".
After the update process, click on the "Scanner" button in the left menu, then click on the "Start" button.
If ewido finds anything, it will pop up a notification. You can select "Clean" and check the boxes "Perform action with all infections" and "Create encrypted backup" before clicking on OK.
When the scan finishes, click on "Save Report". This will create a text file.

After running Ewido scan, double-click on the file smitfraud.reg and choose "Yes" to merge it to Registry.

Restart your PC, check whether your Desktop is back to normal or not, and post back the results. Also, post the contents of Ewido log.

Thanks, it worked perfectly. Everything is fixed now, so I won't be posting the log file.
-Pieter

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.