I typically use mozilla/firefox as my web browser and only occasionally use internet explorer. Recently, internet explorer has been opening by itself and always to pop-up ads. My symantec antivirus program has also been detecting trojan viruses around the same time that the problem with internet explorer began. Below are attached .txt files and the .log files from the GMER scans. Any help would be extremely appreciated!

GMER ONE
blank

GMER TWO
GMER 1.0.15.15319 - http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2010-10-19 22:05:15
Windows 6.1.7600
Running: hsr2009z.exe

---- Registry - GMER 1.0.15 ----

Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\BTHPORT\Parameters\Keys\001f3af142b7
Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\BTHPORT\Parameters\Keys\001fe1ec63fa
Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\services\BTHPORT\Parameters\Keys\001f3af142b7 (not active ControlSet)
Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\services\BTHPORT\Parameters\Keys\001fe1ec63fa (not active ControlSet)

---- EOF - GMER 1.0.15 ----

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Did you get Mbam to remove what it found?

Yes, it did remove the threats found. I have had no problems since finishing the initial cleaning. Do you think that may have solved it?

It's likely as Mbam is a very good bit of software. The best thing to do is to keep an eye on things and report back here if you get any further problems!

Ok, thank you so much for your help!

No problem at all!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.