I had Hacktool.rootkit. I went to google and looked for a Free Scan that would get rid of my Trojan. They all claim to get rid of it for free but the three I downloaded didn't do anything to the Trojan and at the end said for a fee would get rid of the problem. Well, I thought they said free scan. I know nothing about computers and looked at other posts on the web, they all wanted to have you shut off stuff and look for the files and delete them and so on. I just don't know much about PC's. I just needed something simple in a download that would take care of the problem by just clicking.While looking at post I just knew I would really mess up my PC so I called my sister and she said to try AVG A FREE SCAN! I went to ZDNet.com went to downloads and Downloaded AVG and scanned my PC. I have windows ME and this was the only FREE SCAN that worked for me. It showed I had seven Trojans when the scan was finished. There may be others that work but the ones I tried didn't work for me. I hope this will help others like me. Thanks SIS!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I had Hacktool.rootkit. I went to google and looked for a Free Scan that would get rid of my Trojan. They all claim to get rid of it for free but the three I downloaded didn't do anything to the Trojan and at the end said for a fee would get rid of the problem. Well, I thought they said free scan. I know nothing about computers and looked at other posts on the web, they all wanted to have you shut off stuff and look for the files and delete them and so on. I just don't know much about PC's. I just needed something simple in a download that would take care of the problem by just clicking.While looking at post I just knew I would really mess up my PC so I called my sister and she said to try AVG A FREE SCAN! I went to ZDNet.com went to downloads and Downloaded AVG and scanned my PC. I have windows ME and this was the only FREE SCAN that worked for me. It showed I had seven Trojans when the scan was finished. There may be others that work but the ones I tried didn't work for me. I hope this will help others like me. Thanks SIS!

Ok.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.