hi friends.. i need to know that is there any method to allow someone to access a file just one time,and delete that file itself.I just wanted to send some audio file to my friend and doesn't want to keep evidence of it..Is there anyway.... thanx in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Not if you have sent it on to somebody else. Once it's on their computer, facebook, cellphone, whatever, then it is "out there" and even deleting it from your computer or phone makes no difference, somebody else has it and they can do whatever they want with it.
Number one rule about the internet...Don't say or send anything to anybody that you don't want the world to see or hear, because after you it send to another, then it is out of your hands for good.

That person can delete the file from his computer and it's gone from his, but you have absolutely no guarantee that person will do that, even if they say they will. Don't send it to somebody else.

Not if you have sent it on to somebody else. Once it's on their computer, facebook, cellphone, whatever, then it is "out there" and even deleting it from your computer or phone makes no difference, somebody else has it and they can do whatever they want with it.
Number one rule about the internet...Don't say or send anything to anybody that you don't want the world to see or hear, because after you it send to another, then it is out of your hands for good.

That person can delete the file from his computer and it's gone from his, but you have absolutely no guarantee that person will do that, even if they say they will. Don't send it to somebody else.

Oops..can i upload it some webpage and allow him only to listen...?anyway thanx for reply..

Depends on the web page, if it is a public page then he would not be the only one who could listen. Unless it is a private, and maybe encrypted page, that only you own, that would require a special password to enter it in the first place, that only you could create and give to him, and nothing can be downloaded FROM that page without following specific multiple steps, then he could still save it on his computer at the same time he listened to it. In fact, depending on his computer configuration, his computer might require download of the file to his computer before he even could listen to it.
I would never chance it myself, especially something that there is no way I want others to see or hear. There is almost always a way to get around things in order to use them or keep them. That doesn't make it legal, it often isn't, but it is done probably millions of times daily on the internet.

As I said, once it is "out there", it is "out there" and you absolutely have no control on where it goes and who has it will have NO WAY to get it back, EVER, it is out there FOREVER.

You could even set something up like that so that only viewing or listening on the computer can be done by doing all the steps above, BUT that does not stop somebody from using a tape recorder, a video camera or other outside device not connected at all to the computer from recording from the computer screen or speakers as it plays. Might not be the same quality as the original, but somebody else then has whatever it is that you have uploaded for private viewing or listening and then it is still "out there" because then they can upload from the outside device to their computer and send it on or post it elsewhere publicly.

Use this rule; If it is something you would not want your mother or anyone else to read, view or hear, don't put it online, on the internet, on your cellphone because regardless of how careful you think you have been, EVERYONE will eventually be able to see, read or hear it.

Crikey, j, you'll make everyone paranoid. Well, not quite everyone, Facebook will go on...
And yes, the file will be in a "temp" store on his computer [as well as any place he saves it to], and will stay there until he cleans or it is cycled out with age... could be months. And even then it will remain on disk, not at all lost, until it is overwritten...
Baby, we must hear this file.... we just must.. :)

Sorry, I hope it DOES "make her paranoid". I am just hoping to avoid what happened to good friend's granddaughter, 12 years old when it began, right here in my county. She recorded a "sexy" message to a boy she didn't know, but thought was "cute" at another middle school here, got his email address and sent it to him, hoping he would reply. He didn't, instead he sent it to some of his friends and within a week it had been sent multiple times to different students at all the other middle and high schools (there are 9 middle schools and 7 high schools) in the county. Kids who knew her recognized her voice, she didn't give her name in the recording, but one of them played it for his mother, because he thought it was wrong to send something like that. His mother contacted her mother and all "h" broke lose. They got the name of the original receiver and contacted his parents, he confessed he had sent it to a "couple" others. It went around our area for about a month and stopped, for awhile. Then it began again only this time somebody had added pictures to illustrate what the recorded message said. It is still going around and not only here in our state because the original girl who sent it out has now received it back from people she knows out of state with a message that says, "this girl sounds like you." It should because it is and she is now 15 years old. So this has been going around for 3 years and there is absolutely nothing they can do about it, they have talked to the police and the prosecutor and the only thing they were told was she sent it herself so she has to live with the consequences, but sooner or later it will probably stop. Three years later and it hasn't. So make somebody paranoid? I hope so.

Ouch. a hard lesson for one so young. Yes, People do need to be aware that on the net is forever. Comes down to misplaced trust.. for your young friend, in a stranger [and that is so often fraught], and a lack of regard for other people {I wish that was not a growing thing, but I fear it is; it's possible to understand why]. We take so much pleasure in someone else's misfortune... that is, after all, a solid basis for humour [did you never burst out laughing when a friend fell in a puddle?], as well as some other disturbing feeling... them, not us.
But anyway...

Ouch. a hard lesson for one so young. Yes, People do need to be aware that on the net is forever. Comes down to misplaced trust.. for your young friend, in a stranger [and that is so often fraught], and a lack of regard for other people {I wish that was not a growing thing, but I fear it is; it's possible to understand why]. We take so much pleasure in someone else's misfortune... that is, after all, a solid basis for humour [did you never burst out laughing when a friend fell in a puddle?], as well as some other disturbing feeling... them, not us.
But anyway...

Oh you are so right. Yes, of course I have laughed when a friend has fallen into a puddle or something similar, because of course it's funny, and as you said, "them not us". But, unless the person knocks out a tooth, it isn't permanent it is temporary but the net is forever. Even the now 15 year old I spoke of still hasn't quite "gotten it". Just a couple weeks ago she made a sort of "snarky" remark about somebody on her Facebook wall, but this time her grandmother, my friend, saw it almost immediately and posted the comment to the remark, "Your grandmother is reading this"...her granddaughter immediately removed it.
There are just so many "creeps" out there today, are there more? I don't know,maybe not, maybe they are just more visible today with the net. They certainly have more access to kids just because of the net then they did in years past. Used to be you just worried about the creeps in your neighborhood, or maybe your town but that was it. Today when kids can "chat" with adults 100's of miles away and believe they are chatting with another kid, then that is when it gets really scary. You hear everyday of some kid taking off to meet somebody they met online, only to find out too late it is somebody who really should be or has been in jail and who knows who else this creep sent their email or screen name on to...scary for sure!

Crikey, j, you'll make everyone paranoid. Well, not quite everyone, Facebook will go on...
And yes, the file will be in a "temp" store on his computer [as well as any place he saves it to], and will stay there until he cleans or it is cycled out with age... could be months. And even then it will remain on disk, not at all lost, until it is overwritten...
Baby, we must hear this file.... we just must.. :)

:D

Sorry, I hope it DOES "make her paranoid". I am just hoping to avoid what happened to good friend's granddaughter, 12 years old when it began, right here in my county. She recorded a "sexy" message to a boy she didn't know, but thought was "cute" at another middle school here, got his email address and sent it to him, hoping he would reply. He didn't, instead he sent it to some of his friends and within a week it had been sent multiple times to different students at all the other middle and high schools (there are 9 middle schools and 7 high schools) in the county. Kids who knew her recognized her voice, she didn't give her name in the recording, but one of them played it for his mother, because he thought it was wrong to send something like that. His mother contacted her mother and all "h" broke lose. They got the name of the original receiver and contacted his parents, he confessed he had sent it to a "couple" others. It went around our area for about a month and stopped, for awhile. Then it began again only this time somebody had added pictures to illustrate what the recorded message said. It is still going around and not only here in our state because the original girl who sent it out has now received it back from people she knows out of state with a message that says, "this girl sounds like you." It should because it is and she is now 15 years old. So this has been going around for 3 years and there is absolutely nothing they can do about it, they have talked to the police and the prosecutor and the only thing they were told was she sent it herself so she has to live with the consequences, but sooner or later it will probably stop. Three years later and it hasn't. So make somebody paranoid? I hope so.

OMG

hi friends.. i need to know that is there any method to allow someone to access a file just one time,and delete that file itself.I just wanted to send some audio file to my friend and doesn't want to keep evidence of it..Is there anyway.... thanx in advance.

I will suggest that you should use some recovery software like easyrecovery because there is no solution to find a deleted file.
Regards
JhonMoney

I will suggest that you should use some recovery software like easyrecovery because there is no solution to find a deleted file.
Regards
JhonMoney

JhonMoney, the poster doesn't want to retrieve a deleted file, the poster wants to be sure it IS deleted and IS NOT recoverable.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.