I have recently gotten a nasty virus. AVG did not stop it. It erased all of my desktop icons and removed all links from my start button. I can still access my file through My Computer. Any ideas?

Recommended Answers

Please ignore the two useless posts above by sergent and jingda, neither one has the knowledge needed to assist in infection clean up.

Follow all the steps given in our Read Me Sticky and post back here with COPY/PASTES of all requested logs.

Jump to Post

All 3 Replies

Hardware & Software -> Microsoft Windows -> Viruses

And AVG is pretty crappy, I used it myself but it did not detect any viruses. I use Norton now and its a bit better

commented: If you are going to post in here then offer actual assistance, not just comments. Your reply gave no aassistance to the poster -3
commented: Rep correction. This was originally posted in the community forums. Nothing wrong with this post at all. +15

AVG sucks. Use kasperky anti viurs, it rocks. Haha, sorry for my language. Did you backup your stuff if yes you can restore it.

commented: You have been told this before, if you are going to offer assistance then offer true assistance, not editorial comments. They offer no asistance to the poster asking for help. -3
commented: Post was actually in another forum before it was moved here to the correct location. +15
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.19 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.