Hi my computer reboots between 1 and 3 time most days on a cold boot and the first boot of the day it can get as far as the desktop or the windows startup iv tern'ed the automatic reboot off so it will crash to a blue screen and show a error log but it dont it reboots right from the start i'v run a virus and spywear scan and its come up with nothing can someone help please

Cheers

Ellie

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

It could be hardware or software related. Do you hear any unusall sounds? You could also download Hijack This and post a log to this post. Someone could look at it and advise you. Download it to a file you name as Hijack This, you can download it from this site.

spywareinfo.com/~merijn

Hi heres my HTL

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 15:00:32, on 04/04/2006
Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\SAgent2.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\stisvc.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\PANICW~1\POP-UP~1\PSFree.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\HEWLET~1\HPSHAR~1\hpgs2wnf.exe
C:\highjack this\HijackThis.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.virgin.net/
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O3 - Toolbar: @msdxmLC.dll,-1@1033,&Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINNT\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics] "C:\Program Files\Virgin Net Broadband\Dragdiag.exe" /icon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINNT\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PopUpStopperFreeEdition] "C:\PROGRA~1\PANICW~1\POP-UP~1\PSFree.exe"
O4 - Global Startup: EPSON Status Monitor 3 Environment Check 2.lnk = C:\WINNT\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\E_SRCV02.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmwordtrans.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://spaces.msn.com//PhotoUpload/MsnPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn.com/download/msnmessengersetupdownloader.cab
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - VERITAS Software Corp. - C:\WINNT\System32\dmadmin.exe
O23 - Service: EPSON Printer Status Agent2 (EPSONStatusAgent2) - SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\SAgent2.exe

Cheers
Ellie

Hi
No i dont hear any unusall sounds

Ellie

Your HJT log is clean.

As for the rebooting.

- Has it crashed to a blue screen yet? If so what was the message?

- Did you recently add any new hardware, or software?

- Are you getting any messages on reboot?

Hi

Its not crashing to a blue screen and not getting no message. it just reboots from the start. i put a dvd rewriter in about 5 months ago but have only had this prob for about 6 weeks i know i have a bit of a problem the the rewriter that if the computer is restarted it wont reconise the dvd rewriter

Cheers

Ellie

Hmmm, sounds like there may be a small conflict with the writer and the computer. You may want to take it out, and leave it for a few days, and see if that fixes the problem.

Ok will do

thanx

Ellie

Ditto on the HJT log, but you may want to get a firewall, you have none. A good free one iz Zone Alarm, you can download it on the site. I would also check, are all the fans running, is the inside clean, if not get some can air and clean. Check and reseat RAM, could be memory problem, or lack of too. I don't know how much you have and what O/S you have, but if you are below 512mb I would look at getting more.

Hi All haven had time to disconnect dvd rewriter yet computer did crash to a blue screen it said as follows

***stop:0x0000000A(0x00000000,0x00000002,0x00000001,0x80450600)
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
***Adress 80450600 base at 80400000,datestamp 4344ec59-ntoskrnl.exe
beginning dump of physical memory
physical memory dump complete. contact youe system administrator or technical support group

hope someone can tell me what it means

cheers
Ellie

Now has anything been change in you're computer, any repairs, updates ? You can try using restore and restore to an earlier date say last month? This may help too

Hi
i reinstalled my windows cos i was having the same prob, thought it would sort it out. i done this about 4 weeks ago but it didnt. the dvd rewriter i did a firmware update about 2 to 3 months ago..you dont think it could be that do you. im running win 2000 pro so i cant do a restor or can i? i have enough memory and i clean'ed my fans and that a couple of months ago..once it's stopt rebooting its self it will run fine allday

cheers

ellie

You need to unplug that writer. See if that fixes it, if it does then we know that is the problem.

That support artice was also suggesting that is was a hardware issue.

I agree with Tayspen, unplug and run it see what happens. You can do a restore with 2000, you can go to START/HELP SUPPORT/UNDO CHANGES WITH RESTORE

That particular error usually reflect either a Driver or RAM problem. I would guess it has something to do with the driver if it only started doing it after installing the writer.

Or you could try the RAM first, remove one stick at a time and run the PC - see if the error occurs, if it doesnt, there are memory tools that you could try such as Memtest.

But the problem doesnt appear to be Malware :)

Hi All
I unpluged the dvd and the prob was still goin on the prob just got worse so took it to a pc doc he sorted it out said it was the power supply so he changed that but my graphics port is knackerd so got to use onbord graphics card till i can afford a new mechine my boy's goin nuts cos he cant play the games he likes but thanx for all the help you all gave me

Cheers

Ellie XX

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.