hi,

not that i wana be introduced as whom, but, i'm the fool who posted my first hijackthis log to the Community Introductions forum, ironically. now that i'm in the correct place, and after carrying out the tasks as advised by tayspen (thank you kindly), can you pls take a look at the attached logs. btw, ewido is schmick - i like!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hi again :). Nothing looks to bad in your log, if you don't know what Mail.Com is I would Uninstall that.

Begin by downloading CCLeaner , and specifically choosing the most recent version.

Then, follow these steps:

1. Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.
2. Double-click on the "My Computer" icon.
3. Select the "Tools" menu and click "Folder Options".
4. After the new window appears select the "View" tab.
5. Place a checkmark in the checkbox labeled "Display the contents of system folders".
6. Under the "Hidden files and folders" section select the radio button labeled "Show hidden files and folders".
7. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled "Hide file extensions for known file types".
8. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled "Hide protected operating system files".
9. Press the "Apply" button and then the "OK" button.
10. Now your computer is configured to show all hidden files.

Now, install the program. Open it, and choose the 'Options' tab. Inside, hit the 'Custom' tab, and add the following folders (Note: Not all of these files are on every computer. If one of these isn't present, skip it):

C:\Windows\Temp
C:\Temp
C:\Documents and Settings\<Every user listed>\Local Settings\Temp
C:\Documents and Settings\<Every user listed>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5
C:\Documents and Settings\<Every user listed>\History
C:\Documents and Settings\<Every user listed>\Cookies
C:\Windows\Prefetch

After doing this, move back to the 'Cleaner' tab, and inside this, be sure your open to the 'Windows' tab. Inside, check the box labeled 'Custom Files and Folders'.

Next, after following all of these steps, you're ready to scan. Run scans in both the 'Cleaner' and 'Issues'. Note: It might take several scans in each to remove all of the junk.

Then please post a new log. And a new ewido log.

Thanks jhay116 for the CCLeaner, type out, I hope you don't mind I used, I didn't want to re type it :)

Haha no worries, use ahead. If ya want, post back and ill send ya some other canned msgs. i use (Spyaxe fix, L2me Fix, Vundofix, Nail fix, resetting system restore, reinstalling IE, etc...)

just sometimes, my browser closes and i get that msg asking me if i wana send an error report. could this hav anything to do with the fact i hav netscape, IE, and mozilla installed??? other than this, things are running pretty well so far. thx again.

Please post a new log, so we can ensure your clean.

Thanks jhay116 I have a few of my own , I just didn't havCCleaner ;).

here they are, wot do ya thk? and how come everytime i remove critical objects, there's still more to be found the next time i scan?

Yep, all clean.

The critical objects thing--generally, it classifies 'cookies' as critical objects, so oftentimes this is why they occur so frequently.

If ya could mark the thread as solved, it'd be incredible.

Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.