I have window ME. I did a adware scan from Ad-Ware Se and Norton has repaired some files but others are in quarentine by norton. It is a download.Trojan. found in C:windows/temp. Heres one of 7 folders it is in quarentine=A0351200.CPY Trojan Horse.
In my backup I have 4 folders-A0079692.CPY Download. Trojan in C: Windows/Temp/.

Can you please help me get rid of this. I am afraid of losing files.
Thanks

Download CCleaner (www.ccleaner.com).

We now need to cleanup all the Temp, Temorary Internet Files, Recycle Bin, etc...
but first need to configure it.

Open it, and choose the 'Options' tab. Inside, hit the 'Custom' tab, and add the following folders (Note: Not all of these files are on every computer. If one of these isn't present, skip it):

C:\Windows\Temp
C:\Temp
C:\Documents and Settings\<Every user listed>\Local Settings\Temp
C:\Documents and Settings\<Every user listed>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5
C:\Documents and Settings\<Every user listed>\History
C:\Documents and Settings\<Every user listed>\Cookies
C:\Windows\Prefetch

After doing this, move back to the 'Cleaner' tab, and inside this, be sure your open to the 'Windows' tab. Inside, check the box labeled 'Custom Files and Folders'.

Next, after following all of these steps, you're ready to scan. Run scans in both the 'Cleaner' and 'Issues'. Note: It might take several scans in each to remove all of the junk.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then please download ewido - www.ewido.net - Install. Update. Scan. Remove anything it finds (Save log)

Download hijackThis. Extract it to its own folder. Then run it and select. Do system scan and save log. Post the contents of the log that pops up, along with the ewido log.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.