I'm not sure where I should be posting this (I posted this in Windows XP as well), so if I'm not where I need to be to get an answer, please let me know!

I've been trying to delete this folder for some time now, I've researched a lot on the internet but so far I haven't been able to solve it.

I'm trying to delete C:\Documents and Settings\name\Desktop\a

Within folder "a" is folder "b" which is empty. When I try to delete folder "a" as a whole, an error message pops up reading "Error Deleting File or Folder. Cannot delete file: Cannot find the specified file. Make sure you specify the correct path and file name." Same thing happens when I go into folder "a" and try to delete folder "b" on its own.

I've run safe mode, cmd, regedit, moved the file, ended and restarted the explorer.exe process, creating a blank Notepad file with the same name and nothing! I downloaded Unlocker and it says that I had an "Error Debug Priveleges"; which directed me to Microsoft's website to read about setting up program Debug Rights and confused the heck out of me.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.