just had yet another registry mechanic pop up. my system is generally pretty good but these guys take the biscuit! if their stuff was actually any good maybe they would be better off selling it on it's merits not on invading your system. or as they're so good at getting annoying spam and popups past various security measures maybe they ought to try doing security instead! or invest the time/money in making a decent product.
sorry just had to rant, feelfree to join with your pet hate popup etc

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

i am a user of registry mechanic and i actually like their product most likely the pop-ups dont even lead to the reg mech site. You should get microsoft anti-spyware, firefox, ad-aware, and hijackthis.

^^and ya fergot CCleaner. And Ewido is about equal/alittle better then adaware.

(heh, see what happens when ya spend all your time posting in the virus forum? ;))

got em all guys! and part of my work is security and system recovery. the popups are genuine and from usually reputable sites. but hey i guess somethings got to get thru now and again.

or you could go all out and use linux which would be the ultimate choice in trying to do anything.

ah! now there's an idea. tried Ubuntu for a while, and about to switch to Suse 10.1 but needs more ram in my linux box cos it wont install on less than 512. from what i've seen it looks good

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.