i did uinstall one of the av programs as u said and here is my new log

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:00:01, on 27.08.2006
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)
Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Programfiler\McAfee.com\VSO\mcvsshld.exe
C:\Programfiler\McAfee.com\VSO\oasclnt.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Programfiler\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
c:\programfiler\mcafee.com\agent\mcdetect.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsftsn.exe
C:\Programfiler\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Programfiler\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Programfiler\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\sTyLe\Skrivebord\CHijackThis\HijackThis.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://vg.no/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = Koblinger
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {60D3AAEB-AA39-4AE0-B2F9-E4AF0613A2A3} - C:\PROGRA~1\Cosmi\SPYWAR~1\pop\ABG_PL~1.DLL
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\VSO\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] C:\Programfiler\McAfee.com\VSO\mcvsshld.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OASClnt] C:\Programfiler\McAfee.com\VSO\oasclnt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Windowsz] rwnt.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Programfiler\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - Startup: Morpheus.lnk = C:\Programfiler\Morpheus\Morpheus.exe
O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O23 - Service: McAfee WSC Integration (McDetect.exe) - McAfee, Inc - c:\programfiler\mcafee.com\agent\mcdetect.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com McShield (McShield) - McAfee Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Task Scheduler (McTskshd.exe) - McAfee, Inc - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - McAfee, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

hope anybody can respawn

plz can anybody here help me?
i really need to fix my prob im doing much school work on it

Hi sTyLe,

what I (sorry) overlooked in your first log is that you are running XP apparently without any service packs. Connecting a PC to the internet without these (and all subsequent hoftfixes) is more than "not recommended". Your IE is outdated too. Whatever you will try to remove your malware, the same or other will come back sooner or later this way: Even old and known malware can exploit all the loop holes in your system and no antivirus software can really protect you this way. I can't see a firewall either (connected via a router?). All this messes up things pretty bad - updating this system may even fail now due to the infections. (Try anyway)

The antivirus guys here (and everywhere) need much more information on what happens on your computer, which malware your AV scanners possibly reported and how the infection manifests itself in detail. What exactly is on the popup window? Is there a clue (maybe in the title bar) which program sends the window? Is it an ad?

Apart from the reference to RWNT.EXE I can't see anything unusual on the log. Together with the popups, this points to an infection which can't be removed that easy - you will have to run several tools and maybe online scans to identify them and then several steps to remove them may follow. This usually takes some days, so if you need your computer for school work, wiping and reinstalling (this time with Service Packs + hotfixes) would be probably faster and you get rid of your nasties, too.
Read in this forums how to set up your system to avoid infections.

I wish I could help you better, but maybe somebody comes with a better suggestion for you. Good luck!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.