:mrgreen: :mrgreen: hi guys! i am having a problem 'bout my pc. when i double click my drive c:/ and drive d:/ (partitioned hard drive) it does not open. i have to right click and explore or open it to view the drive's directory. i am using xp sp2. when i continue double clicking the drives, wscript.exe starts poping on the Processes in my Task Bar making my pc work pretty much slow. but this does not apply on anny other drives. i can open directly my drive a:/, f:/ and e:/ on a double click. i had scan my pc with the latest avg(free edition) and avira(free edition) but there was no detection. pls help me guys! thank you!:sad: :-|

totengtoh it isnt a virus you have but check this site out http://www.processlibrary.com/directory?files=wscript.exe this should help you out , its a good little site that , i use it all the time :) leave your task mananger up and go through all the processess that are being used and just disable the minor ones i had 46 running on mine i am down to 29 now :) and i am sure i can drop a few more

Hey totengtoh...I am currently having the same problem with my machine and I happened across your post. I have dug in to my PC alitte bit and found that the problem lies within a little script called "voda.dll.vbs". It should be in your "winpath"...your "windows" folder. Don't click on it! Right click and open it with either notepad or wordpad. This will show you "the source code" for the program...or at least some of it. It creates a "autorun" batch file in your permanent drives. When you right click and explore your drives that it is effecting you should see the autorun file. Your Internet Explorer should also be showing a different title at the top....something like "Taga AUP Ako ---v---o---d---a--" Let me know if you are still having a problem with this thing and I will try to help you remove it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.