My operating system is Me.

I know I got it from a videogame emulating site because both times I went to the site I got the virus, I got rid of it once by using scanreg/restore under a command prompt or maybe I didn't get rid of it completely :-| ...

Now when I try to restore it only lets me go back a couple of days...why is that?

Also, I've tried Ad-Aware and Spy Bot but maybe I'm doing something wrong. Is this a common virus, the controlling the homepage thing?

Help, thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Before going any further, please read this thread.
http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread5690.html

If none of these suggestions help, then ask for assistance. It's more rewarding to help yourself than have someone do all of the work for you! :)

I actually fixed it once but I got the same problem from a similar website. I've fixed many issues already, before I couldn't even log in or even have my PC on for a certain amount of time, click on anything, etc...I would get a Close/Ignore prompt.

I've been messing around with it all day.

I will say this...

When I try to use Spy Blaster, which is an update for Spy Bot to block viruses, I get this error now (after using it once)...

This program has been damaged, possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive or a virus. Please reinstall it.

I don't know that much about security issues, I'm taking my first class at the Cisco Academy which started about two weeks ago.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.