My operating system is Me.

I know I got it from a videogame emulating site because both times I went to the site I got the virus, I got rid of it once by using scanreg/restore under a command prompt or maybe I didn't get rid of it completely :-| ...

Now when I try to restore it only lets me go back a couple of days...why is that?

Also, I've tried Ad-Aware and Spy Bot but maybe I'm doing something wrong. Is this a common virus, the controlling the homepage thing?

Help, thanks in advance.

Contributors
Replies
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by A Monkeys Uncle

I actually fixed it once but I got the same problem from a similar website. I've fixed many issues already, before I couldn't even log in or even have my PC on for a certain amount of time, click on anything, etc...I would get a Close/Ignore prompt.

I've been messing around with it all day.

I will say this...

When I try to use Spy Blaster, which is an update for Spy Bot to block viruses, I get this error now (after using it once)...

This program has been damaged, possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive or a virus. Please reinstall it.

I don't know that much about security issues, I'm taking my first class at the Cisco Academy which started about two weeks ago.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.