Hello,

I am sandra please help me!

my pc is affected by virus and i do not know wat to do?

I have nortan, Avg, Spy ware detector and some more installed in my pc but every thing on vain?

wat could be the probable problem? is it in my pc?

Quick help is appreciated!

thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hello,

I have nortan, Avg, Spy ware detector and some more installed in my pc but every thing on vain?

thank you.

Hi Sandra. First up we need to get you into your own thread so that you can better recieve assistance :) .

There you go. Are you still there? :)

Go here for an on-line scan & set it to autoclean for you.

Try this scan as well.

Download & instal Adaware from here
& update it before scanning.
In settings under 'scanning,' have it set to
'scan within archives,'
'scan active processes,'
'scan registry,'
'deepscan registry'
'scan my IE Favourites for banned URL's,'
'scan my host's file.'
In 'tweaks' under 'scanning engine' set it to 'unload recognised processes during scanning.'
Also in 'tweaks' under 'cleaning engine' set it to 'Automatically try to unregister objects prior to deletion' & 'let Windows remove files in use at next reboot.'
Select 'activate in-depth scan' before starting scan.
When the scan is finished select 'next.'
Remove what it finds by placing a check in the box to the left of the object. Reboot

Download & instal Spybot S&D from here. Update it before scanning.
After the scan is complete, have spybot fix everything marked RED.
On the page that first opens when you start Spybot there is an option to immunise, you should do this. In the immunise section there is also a link to download Spywareblaster. This program will prevent the install of bad activex controls that it has knowledge of. Download that & you can keep it updated by selecting the same link that you use to download it. Reboot

Download HijackThis from here & unzip it into it's own, permanent folder, (Not a temporary folder or the desktop (in a folder on the desktop is fine) & not directly on your hard drive).
If you have anything disabled in MsConfig, please re-enable it/them.
Start HJT & with all browser windows closed, press the scan button. When the scan is finished the scan button will change to save. Save the log to a text file, copy the entire contents of the text file & paste it into the body of your post. DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET. Most of what is there is necessary for the running of your system.

Hello,

thank you.

First off, chose between either Norton or AVG, more then one anti-virus app on a computer has been known to cause problems such as them fighting with each other, secondly I highly recommend you get rid of both anti-virus apps and use McAfee Anti-virus instead, anyways, enough of what I prefer :p , you should make sure that you have the most recent virus definitions, if you do not know how to do that with your anti-virus app and/or it is not obvious, refer to your help file, then scan your whole computer with your anti-virus app for viruses as well as your spyware detector (I personally recommend you use Adaware and Spybot S&D (no, using two adware/spybot detectors on one computer is not known to cause problems :p )). Good luck!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.