My comp got infected by a virus yesterday so does anybody have a link for a program that will isolate and/or get rid of it?

Please guys i just got the ****** thing back a month ago.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

can anybody pleas help me???????

right firstly there is no need to swear on the forums. Secondly when you purchased the PC did you get any antivirus/internet security software. if not why not. A virus can enter an unprotected PC within 5 seconds of that PC going online.

try some of these for size and to do a virus/spyware scan.

www.grisoft.com
www.mcafee.com
www.symantec.com
www.lavasoft.com
www.microsoft.com

the first three will enable you to either download a 15 day trial version of their antivirus program or will enable you to do an online scan.

either way get yourself a full and complete antivirus/internet security program:rolleyes:

Oooh teh n00bness.

Go out to CompUSA and buy Norton SystemWorks for $70.

You can perform an online scan at www.trendmicro.com. Once you get the system clean make sure you install antivirus software, sotware removal software, and recommend a firewall. Free versions are available.

You can perform an online scan at www.trendmicro.com. Once you get the system clean make sure you install antivirus software, sotware removal software, and recommend a firewall. Free versions are available.

i have more than enough links for scaning the comp but i apreciate it anyways. What i need is a link to get all the software to get the actual virus off my comp. and i do have a firewall but i got the virus by sum 1 diregarding the firewall and clickin a link :sad:

No one can tell you what utilities you need without first knowing what virus you have.

Follow the recommendations and instructions in the links below to get started.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.