MarkBloomfield 0 Newbie Poster

I am using php mail to send a confirmation email from a web page. It all works absolutely fine until the email address is in the format xxx.yyy@zzz.com That is to say there is a . in the local part of the address. I have tested the code and had some on here look at it and the code is good and works well. So I am thinking this could be an issue with Linux/Apache. Any ideas or experience of this?

Here is the code, some of the values are retrieved from a database query. I have tried putting in an address rather than using the query and the result is the same. All emails are sent correctly except any that are in the format above.

$to = $row_rsUserReturn['Email']; $subject = "Quotation Number ".$row_rsUserReturn['OrderID'] ." from My Company"; $message = "Dear"." ". $row_rsUserReturn['Name']."\n Thank you for requesting a quote from My Company.\n A member of our sales team will contact you shortly.\n If you have any queries please quote the following reference number"." ".$row_rsUserReturn['OrderID']."\n Kind regards\n My Company Limited "; $from = "me@mycompany.com"; $headers = "From: $from\r\n"; $headers.= "CC: sales@mycompany.com>\r\n"; $headers.= "BCC: info@mycompany.com\r\n"; mail($to,$subject,$message,$headers); [/code = php][code = php]
$to = $row_rsUserReturn;
$subject = "Quotation Number ".$row_rsUserReturn ." from My Company";
$message = "Dear"." ". $row_rsUserReturn."\n
Thank you for requesting a quote from My Company.\n
A member of our sales team will contact you shortly.\n
If you have any queries please quote the following reference number"." ".$row_rsUserReturn."\n
Kind regards\n
My Company Limited ";
$from = "me@mycompany.com";
$headers = "From: $from\r\n";
$headers.= "CC: sales@mycompany.com>\r\n";
$headers.= "BCC: info@mycompany.com\r\n";
mail($to,$subject,$message,$headers);
[/code = php]

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.