rfw 0 Newbie Poster

Here is my plan to install a HighPoint RocketRaid PCI card and a 160 GB SATA drive on my Winows XP2/Linux Fedora 5 PCI

I have created a Linux boot floppy with the contents below:

/media/floppy/bios/Load.exe 72.0KB 7/20/2005
/media/floppy/bios/r152x101.s6e 28.0 KB 7/ 2/2004
/media/floppy/bios/Readme.txt 1.8 KB plain text document 7/20/2005

I will shut down my dual booted Dell Dimension 4500. I will open up the PC
I will use my ground strap. I will install the 1520 in the second PCI slot going away from my mother board. (The first slot has a card for an external SATA drive from CMSproducts. It backs up my Windows
XP home drive.)
I will connect a 160 GB Seagate ST3160812AS-RK drive to port 1 on the 1520 board. The port furtherest from the back of my PC. I want to
use this disk as my backup disk for my Linux /home drive which is an IDE 120 GB Seagate drive.
I do not want to run Raid. I do not want to make a mirror. I don't have a second disk to connect
to the 1520.

I will close up the PC. I will put the floppy in the floppy drive. I will then boot
Linux.
Now, I need your help to tell me what I do next. I assume I need to run load.exe or will it run automatically.

I have been backing up Linux to my DVD. I am lucky that my disk usage is less than 4.7 GB. I am running Redhat Fedora 5. I hope I don't have to upgrade to Fedora 6 to install teh 1520.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.