Hey all,

What’s up??

Recently I came across InterviewBit Academy Course. Link - InterviewBit Academy

It's is a 6 Months immersive online program that helps you develop your tech skills and gets you your dream job at no upfront cost

It comes with a promise of guaranteed salary in the range of $75K - $120K once we finish the course.

This line caught my attention

"If you don’t get a job, you don’t need to pay a penny".

Plus, it seems they have a lot of positive reviews - https://www.quora.com/What-is-your-review-of-InterviewBit

I’m aware of lambda school which also guarantees the same.

This amazes me. I mean this is the future of education. They are investing in their students.

Instead of taking loans or paying huge fees in advance. This is a way to go.

What is your view on this?

I couldn't agree more on this.

I'm not talking about regular coding bootcamps.

The real difference is I don't need to pay a single penny if I don't get a high paying job.

I would rather say a BIG No to private institues who takes alot of money in advance with no job guarantee.

Paying fees once I get a job sounds better to me instead of paying huge money in advance or taking a loan.

My view is they are going to be predatory just like before and get paid if you get any job. They can send it to a collections agency and you will later along with many others there is no free lunch or stay away from "what looks too good to be true."

They count on folk not reading or understanding what they are agreeing to. You can bet there is no time limit on you landing that job or there is a hidden finance, collection fee there. All this has been seen before. You are being ripped off.

To be honest, I am not an expert on this like some of the others on this discussion topic (because I am a “Computer Science Student” myself) however all I know is that even some free programming websites such as "Code Academy" and "Hour of Code | Khan Academy" are mostly used for these reasons: to either get a general idea of "coding", help programming students review for their programming class or to help those who have already gotten a degree in programming practice fundamentals of coding that they need help remembering.

Even “Code Academy” offers a feature called “Pro” which is a more in-depth explanation of coding and its own “Coding Boot Camp” (getting “Code-Academy Pro” and joining “Code-Academy's Boot Camp” is not free. Just the general website is free) yet people tend to say that it's not worth the money. Click the link to see what I mean: https://www.reddit.com/r/learnprogramming/comments/5o00tw/is_codeacademy_pro_worth_it/

I guess it is nice to try some of these free coding websites to be able to help contribute in “programming environment” but I don't think the claim made on that website is completely accurate.

They count on folk not reading or understanding what they are agreeing to. You can bet there is no time limit on you landing that job or there is a hidden finance, collection fee there. All this has been seen before. You are being ripped off.

It's my understanding that it's common practice for them to hire their recent graduates as TAs. Does the fine print say anything about minimum salary requirements?

"If something sounds too good to be true, then it probably isn't true. When it comes to situations like this, think from a business perspective. What do they get out of this ? Even if you say they may be doing this for the well being, running an academy requires money to be spent.
""""If you don’t get a job, you don’t need to pay a penny""."" This line may have got your attention, but our persectives differ. So if you do get the job, how much are you required to pay ?
If you really want to pursue tech courses, go for some popular sites like Coursera, Udemy, etc which does provide the courses from a reliable source."