Hi fellows,
This is my first post, and I am really seeking help as I have five problems, which we are asked to do Analysis & Design for them.
This, the Analysis & Design worth 70 marks and which are really important in the year that I am in (General Secondary), because this subject contributes about 10% to the overall percentage and in my country, to get a scholarship, the student at least have to score 95%.
Ok, I do not want to make it dragging on, I will list the problems:

Program 1:
Write a program that accepts three values representing A, B and C. Then it should use the following formula to calculate X:
X = (A-B)*(A-C)2
Then X must be used in another formula that calculates D, which is follows:

D = (8-x2) - (4*2-1)
(x-9) x3

The output to the screen should be the value representing D.

Program 2:
Write a program that will display the truth table of AND, OR, XOR, NOT, NAND and NOR logical operators. The user should be allowed to choose which operator's truth table is to display.

Program 3:
Write a program to animate a given text. The program could consist a form, a textbox, a label and a button. The text box is to input the required text for animation and the label is to display it. The button is used to initiate the animation. Notice that you will have to use the timer control to enable the program to perform animation.

Program 4:
Write a program that performs currency conversion. The program should allow the user to convert currencies between five different currencies. For example, converting Dollar to Euro. The conversion should be based on the current exchange rates. The program could consist of option buttons, input text and result label.

Program 5:
Develop a simple calculator that performs the basic arithmetic operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division). The calculator should allow the user to specify two numbers and the desired arithmetic operation. The calculator could consist of two input textboxes, a result label and option buttons.

These are the five problems, I did the analysis and I would be grateful if somebody can provide me with flowcharts & pseudo code for them. Note: we are using VB 6 for programming.

Thanks, Nasser:)

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

read this.

First show what you've got then ask for help. These are not the most difficult things to code, so give it a try first.

This is not a place where people do work for you.

You need to explain why you are unable to do this yourself, and then people might be able to give you information that would make you able to do this yourself.

if you at least do the framework of it and try your best THEN we can help you

We will not waste our time doing your homework for you need i remind you thats illegal as well

if you at least do the framework of it and try your best THEN we can help you

We will not waste our time doing your homework for you need i remind you thats illegal as well

i am really sorry, it is my mistake, i didnt clarify things........ what i mean that i discussed this with my friends and we got them in paper, the flowcharts but not the psuedocode (the teacher talked about it for about 5 minutes only, we dont know even what it is and then he gave us the assignment).....Whatever, the reason of my request is that i want to check whether they are right or not (as you know, i am trying so that i dont lose any mark -i hope that-). If you want me to type the analysis that i did, i will do? but are they neccessary, i dont have scanner so that you can see what i did. by the way what is framework?:?:
Thanks

but not the psuedocode (the teacher talked about it for about 5 minutes only, we dont know even what it is

When you have your flowcharts, writing pseudocode is easy. It's just like real code only then in English.
Example in VB

dim a as integer;
a  = 1;
if a = 1 then
     MsgBox(a)
endif

this would be in Pseudocode:

Declare a
make a 1
if a is 1 then show a

I hope you get the idea. Try searching for it on daniweg or google. There are plenty examples available.

thanks Nick, so the psuedocode is something similar to code but we can say in "abbreviated language"............thanx and i will look at the examples...........but are there aslo examples for flowcharts....plz list down the links if u can....becuase i can face a similar problem to mine and so i can compare the two to see how did they approach the solution!!! thanks man....:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.