In my Senior English class, we were assigned a research paper based on our prospective vocation, and for it I chose Computer Science, specifically software engineering. One of the requirements of the project is that I have two interviews as sources, but I don't personally know anyone who works in that field. I know plenty of technicians and IT guys, but no one who does any programming. Would anyone here be willing to be interviewed and cited as a source in my paper? We can do it here in the forums, but I may need your full name (I'll have to check with my teacher to be sure), which you could provide privately if you prefer.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

I can help you in this regard but tell me first what are your requirements other than the interview.

Thank you for your interest. The final project will be a 1000 to 1500 word paper on computer science careers, and it require a total of ten sources: four books, four non-book resources, and two interviews. I already have one interview lined up and most of the other sources. My teacher has some specific interview questions she wants us to ask, but she hasn't given them to us yet. It'll probably be a couple more weeks before she does, so I won't be able to do the interview until then.

this might be insteresting - sign me up

Thank you for your interest. The final project will be a 1000 to 1500 word paper on computer science careers, and it require a total of ten sources: four books, four non-book resources, and two interviews. I already have one interview lined up and most of the other sources. My teacher has some specific interview questions she wants us to ask, but she hasn't given them to us yet. It'll probably be a couple more weeks before she does, so I won't be able to do the interview until then.

Well I am not concerned with the interview or procedure rather what i have to do in order to satisfy your teacher that I am a programmer and any type of document required for my experience in programming.
Other than that, I have no questions and problem.

Hello again, everyone. I apologize for my delay, but the teacher waited until just recently to give us the interview guidelines, despite my persistent requests. Anyone who would like feel free to answer the questions, but to directly cite your responses in my paper I will require your name, the name of the company you work for, and the state in which you live. These are the questions:

1. What training or education does a career in computer science require?

2. Are you in a particular branch of computer science? If so, what additional special training did it require?

3. What natural abilities or interests are needed for a career in computer science?

4. Is there good job availability for those who choose computer science?

5. Would you rate the opportunities for advancement as poor, fair, good, or excellent? Why?

6. Could you list a particular advantage of being in computer science? A particular disadvantage?

7. Do you have any special advice for someone interested in computer science, such as college courses to take or things to study? I plan to attend Appalachian State University, so any special advice for a student there would be appreciated.

8. Are there any current problems faced by most computer scientists?

9. Why did you choose computer science as your profession?

How are you defining a computer scientist?

For the purpose of this paper, I'm doing so broadly, essentially to anyone who works on software (not just with software). This doesn't include computer repair and maintenance, website design, and other jobs that don't need a fundamental understanding of how computer software works, but it does include both work in both application and theory.

Hi

I found that a member asked same question in this forum some months ago.

Pls use search box to find this questions with comments

commented: zombie master -3

Hi

This topic help me a lot in developing my project. I will contribute more when I finished it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.