I do not often visit the Java forum, because I know nothing worth posting in the Java forum :)
But when I do visit, I see a lot of posts with code without code-tags. This makes the code nearly unreadable and reduces the overall quality of Daniweb.
So I have a request: When you see a post without code-tags, please use the "flag bad post" link that you can see on every post. This alerts a moderator (me for example) which can then fix the tags.

If you don't know how code-tags work, it's very easy.
1. Press the [code] button in the replybox. This print the following in your reply: [code]

[/code].
2. Now paste your code between the to tags like so: [code] code goes here! [/code].

I'm leaving this thread as a sticky for a few weeks. I hope we can count on your help!

Thanks, Nick

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Haha. I view most of the threads posted in this forum, and I have to admit, I am usually guilty of telling the member 'use code tags' but I rarely hit the report bad post button. I'll do it in the future if it'll make you that happy.

:)

commented: Thanks! +12

Of course the very people who don't use code tags are almost certainly those people who won't read announcements either...

Of course the very people who don't use code tags are almost certainly those people who won't read announcements either...

My post was meant more as a request to the "regulars" , to use the "flag bad post" link a bit more ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.