I am conducting and interview for a Fundamentals of Management class in college. I want to interview people that are in my field to gain better business experience in management, but to also understand a little better about how management applies in my field of study.
To keep the posts private please message me regarding the answers to the interview questions because for assignment purposes contact and personal information must be submitted.
**Please have at least 5 years of experience and 5 employees.
Thanks for you time in advance!
Length of time with business:
How long in Business:
Education and Qualifications:
Number of people Supervised:
1. What is your definition of management?
2. Do you utilize the four functions of management( planning, organizing, leading, and controlling) and which do you feel is most important?
3. How do you deal with conflict between employees?
4. How is your company organized? Do you support a flexible or more formal organizational approach?
5. How do you utilize self managed teams?
6. How do you utilize empowerment?
7. What are the primary obstacles you face to be successful?
8. What is your management style? Do you follow Theory X or Theory Y? Do you find it productive if you aggressive or not so aggressive?
9. What are some techniques that you use to keep employees motivated?
10. How have you sought to use creativity to solve a problem or overcome a work related obstacle?
11. Do you involve others in decision making and how often do you do that?
12. Do you prefer to utilize positive or negative reinforcement?
13. If your business was failing what steps would you have in place to handle it?
14. What business strategy has you company adopted; e.g., low cost or differentiation based on quality?
15. Does your company have a specific policy regarding sexual harassment and have you ever been involved in such a case?
16. Does you company have a mission statement and how is it utilized? What are the future goals of the company and how do you plan on achieving them?
17. Does your company have a code of ethics and is it required reading for all employees?
18. Have you had to deal with an ethical issue and how have to dealt with it?
19. How difficult is it for an employee to break through the glass ceiling?
20. What percentage of your job involves making non-programmed decisions?
21. Have you ever had to terminate and employee? If yes, how did you do it?
22. What is the most important quality you look for in an employee?
23. Is your company involved in vertical integration?
24. How does your company gain a competitive advantage?
25. Does your company outsource?
26. What is the most difficult issue in managing people and what is the most significant management issue you've had to face?
27. How are functions and divisions coordinated?
28. How are you involved in the hiring process?
29. How do you encourage new ideas from your employees?
30. What competitive strategy has your company adopted?
31. When faced with a revenue shortage, how do you recommend solving that?