but i hope someone can point me in the right direction. here's the story

2 pc's, one upstairs with database one downstairs used to access and make changes to. This was working no problem for months. Then the downstairs pc needed a new AGP video card, easy install no configuration changes were made. The pc was out for 5 days or so, then trying to connect again and an error message comes up stating that it can't connect.

un installed and re installed the microsoft POS software on the downstairs PC, could something have changed or reset on the upstairs sql pc??

what configuration does that upstairs pc need to authenticate, ip address, ports.

i did not set this up the first time, just trying to help out the friend having this problem now. any ideas.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

modify the connection string, or verify the second pc connects to your DB Server.

windows firewall was turned on by someone without notifying anyone who needs to know this stuff

hope it solved!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.