Hi all,
Im very New to My SQL and have done alot of googling and simple studies. I have two Questions:
1. Where can I start with Complete no knowledge of MySQL and databases in general (though i know a little)
2. I have tried to play with MySQL for a time now, but I wonder how can mysql be run in application as standalone server. I have read somewhere that you can run it as DLL server if you call it but I have no idea on what it is done. I want to do that In Python Application. I posted in Python forum but people seem to be not interested in topic.

Thanks alot,
Steve

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Start by thinking of simple examples and making them happen. Ie employee with companies tables, students with teachers and classes tables, database design takes time.

Mysql isn't ran from a dll, its a standalone application, that can be accessed through dll's, this can be thought of as connection and objects used by mysql.

If you're using python here's a link to get you started

http://www.devshed.com/c/a/Python/Database-Programming-in-Python-Accessing-MySQL/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.