Hello all,

This is my first post in a forum like this, I hope someone is able to help me! :)

I found a post from about a year ago that explained how to use combo box parameters in a query, and I was wondering if there is a way to automatically run the query once a value has been selected from the combo box by the user.

ie, Once the Make of car has been selected, only the applicable models related to that Make are displayed in the next combo box.

Please help?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Since this is 19 days old, you probably already got an answer elsewhere or figured it out, but here's a sample that might help:
Cascading Combo Sample

I have a need for something similar (I think). I have a combo box that shows in the drop down list purchase order numbers obtained from a table. What I would like to do, once a purchase order number is selected, is to generate a report which shows the records which contain that purchase order number. The reason there are multiple records with the same purchase order number is that items can be ordered from several different manufacturers under the same purchase order number. This report would be useful to check on the status of items for a given purchase order number.

Similarly, I would like a report to show the items for a given manufacturer. This would be useful to see what has been ordered in the past to provide assistance in deciding what may be ordered in the future from that given manufacturer.

A combo box seems a natural for selecting purchase order numbers, manufacturers and other keys to generate a report, but I don't know how to pass the selected item in a combo box to get a report generated.

Any help sincerely appreciated.

JAJansenJr

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.