As I have previously mentioned in another thread mysql and php are new concepts to me and currently I am having many problems.
My question is a recommended setup. Can you please tell me about your current setup for working with mysql and php. I have read several things that recommend several things and now have comfused me even more.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

If you're just starting, and using a windows machine have a look at the XAMPP or WAMPSERVER packages. These will install the required tools for you.

If you're just starting, and using a windows machine have a look at the XAMPP or WAMPSERVER packages. These will install the required tools for you.

I"m an 'advanced beginner' I guess you could say and I did install XAMPP on a Windows Vista machine but I get errors when the XAMPP tries to launch the SQL monitor. Is this a known issue?

Don't know. I use wampserver myself, and am still on XpPro. Xampp has a mailing list, maybe you can get an answer there.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.