Database Administrators perform a critical role within an organization. Charged with understanding the processes and architecture of the database, they fine-tune the day-to-day performance that is the backbone of the organization's IT system. Their role is integral to the success of today's increasingly complex system environments and they are in high demand.
The Database Administrator is responsible for designing, developing and implementing programs, as required, to support the technical capabilities.
Recently we have documented set of responsibilities at our end (including but not limited to):
• Develop new or maintain existing databases based on specifications
• Develop, implement and maintain unit tests of database programs (i.e, SQL, etc)
• Share knowledge by effectively documenting work
• Respond quickly and effectively to production & development issues and taking responsibility for seeing those issues through resolution.
• Resolve database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues.
• Design & implement data models and database designs into physical databases.
• Install and maintain database software.
• Manage backup and recovery of databases.
• Manage security of database structures and corporate data held within databases.
• Develop database procedures, triggers and SQL scripts for development teams.
• Maintain database changes from Development, QA to Production.
• Assist in the definition and implementation of database standards.
• Monitor databases for errors and perform problem determination when necessary.
• Design and implement highly available production systems.
• Ability to work with minimal direction, yet also able to work in team environment.
• Relational database analysis and modeling experience.
• Experience configuring database network connectivity.
• Understanding of database backup and recovery techniques.
• Experience in fast paced production or operational system arena
• Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
• Hands on and ownership personality..