Hi all...
So, I am needing to sum all billable hours within a table... the problem is that it is returning rouded decimals instead... like .5 always comes back as 1 ...

Here is my procedure:

Public Shared Function GetBillableTimeForTicket(ByVal SupportTicketID As Integer) As Decimal
        Dim conn As New SqlConnection(GetConnectionString("ClientPortal.My.MySettings.conString"))
        Dim sP As String = "GetBillableTimeForTicket"
        Dim cmd As New SqlCommand()
        cmd.Parameters.Clear()
        cmd.CommandText = sP
        cmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure
        cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@SupportTicketID", SupportTicketID)
        Dim parameter1 As New SqlParameter("@TotalBillableTime", SqlDbType.Decimal)
        parameter1.Direction = ParameterDirection.Output
        cmd.Parameters.Add(parameter1)
        cmd.Connection = conn
        Try
            HandleConnection(conn)
            cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()
            Try
                Dim totalBillableTime As Decimal = Decimal.Parse(cmd.Parameters("@TotalBillableTime").Value.ToString())
                Return totalBillableTime
            Catch ex As Exception
                MsgBox(ex.Message)
            End Try
        Catch ex As Exception
            MsgBox(ex.Message)
        Finally
            HandleConnection(conn)
        End Try
    End Function

And here is my StoredProcedure... I have tried so many variations of this SUM... Here is my latest...

ALTER PROCEDURE dbo.GetBillableTimeForTicket
	(
	@SupportTicketID int,
	@TotalBillableTime decimal (18,2) output
	)
As
  Set NoCount On;

SELECT @TotalBillableTime = ROUND(SUM(SupportTicketResponseBillableTime),2) FROM SupportTicketResponses WHERE SupportTicketID = @SupportTicketID;

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance... Oh BTW... I'm using SQL 2008 with .NET 3.5

Marked as solved why? If you have solution why didn't you posted?

Marked as solved why? If you have solution why didn't you posted?

Typically I do put the solved code for show for others that may have the same problem... It's just that I was trying out daniweb for the first time and wasn't getting a response within a reasonable amount of time, so I went back to the old tried and true forums of asp.net where I got a response right away... I didn't think it would be fair to the person that gave me the answer to share it on a different forum...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.