hello everyone i am currently working on a php script on my website. I wanted to make a script for registering users. So that they may log in, log out, register, and access member only functions.

I found a good tutorial online but since im fairly new to php and have never worked with SQL i dont have a good idea of what i am doing.

In the website below the user says to make a SQL table so we can keep track of all the members. I have gone into my webhosting control panel and have made a new SQL table but i have no way of modfying it with what he says to put in it.

http://www.trap17.com/forums/Php-Simple-Login-Tutorial-t7887.html

Name the table "dbUsers." It will need 4 fields:

Name             Type                 Addition
id                          int(10)              Primary Key, AUTO_INCREMENT
username            varchar(16)        Unique
password            char(16)          
email                   varchar(25)

I would appreciate any help. I am quite lost with this :(

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Andrieux

Why can't you modify it? what are you using to edit the mysql database does your hosting offer phpmyadmin?

yes it has phpMyadmin. I went into it and found my database then i clicked on MySQL and i can now type inside of a text box that says Run SQL query/queries on the current database. Would this be were i have to put that code?

No that is not a code to create tables you have to manually do it. in your database you have to create a table dbusers then in dbusers create the fields id username password etc. can you im me a screenshot of phpmyadmin?

Go to the main database page of phpMyAdmin.
Look for a input box for creating tables.
Name it dbUsers
Use the information above in the form.
Click Save
Use Google for simple things.
Don't rely on tutorials.
All done.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.