Hi all, I have a very simple query but this is driving me nuts. I have installed sql server 2008 on my system. Its working fine, but the main thing is that i am not able to configure the report server.

Can anyone help me how to configure the report server 2008 or provide any links which has step by step configuration of report server 2008.

Thanks in advance...

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Microsoft SQL Server 2008->Configuration Tools->Reporting Services Configuration

Thnks dude,,i know that,,but i am not able to configure it properly.can u help me on that,may be something i am missing...
thnks for ur help

So, tell me the problem you face and when it raises!

So, tell me the problem you face and when it raises!

when i try to connect to the reporting services in sql server 2008,,it gives an error saying,,, unable to connect to pc-1.The specified url might not be valid or there might be a problem with the report server version or configuration. Specify a url or contact your server administrator to verify that the report server runs sql server 2008 or later.

This is the error i am getting,,i don kno how can i solve it,,need ur help..

Thnks in advance

Did you install any version of reporting service before 2008? and this error comes when you configure reporting service or when you access it use internet browser?

Did you install any version of reporting service before 2008? and this error comes when you configure reporting service or when you access it use internet browser?

Yes i had installed reporting server 2005.. but i have uninstalled it completely.. Also i came to know that unlike 2005,reporting server 2008 doesnot have anything to do with IIS. The above error comes when i try to connect to the reporting server from the object explorer in sql server 2008. I have configured the reporting service but may be i have missed something.. when i click the url of report server i am not able to access it...any idea how to get it done.

Thnks in adv..

OOH, I thought it's like 2005, I suggest to search in SQL forums, I'm downloading it right now and I'll see...

OOH, I thought it's like 2005, I suggest to search in SQL forums, I'm downloading it right now and I'll see...

ohh thats great,,please let me know if u find any solution,,i m really waiting for that.
Thanks for ur help

Well i guess ,this issue is solved,,I tried the same insatllation on another system and configured the report server and it works fine,, may be some problem with my system,,,thnks for ur help..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.