I just got started with ms sql server2000,and I need a big favor from the the house,which is:please what softwares do I really need to install to get started?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi debeginin and welcome to DaniWeb :)

I'm pretty sure MS SQL Server 2000 is a stand-alone install. I know later versions require the .NET Framework, but from memory you should be able to just install SQL and away you go. If you are asking what program do you run, the Management Studio came in in 2005, from memory the 2000 version is called Query Analyzer or something similar.

HTH,
d

Hi debeginin and welcome to DaniWeb :)

I'm pretty sure MS SQL Server 2000 is a stand-alone install. I know later versions require the .NET Framework, but from memory you should be able to just install SQL and away you go. If you are asking what program do you run, the Management Studio came in in 2005, from memory the 2000 version is called Query Analyzer or something similar.

HTH,
d

Thanks,just downloaded and tried installing the sql server 2000,but I get "an error occured during data move process:-145".What could be the problem?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.