Hi!

Is it possible to run trigger as another user? I'm using trigger to obtain insert info from a database run and to transer the information to our main db. I'm using this automated action just to not having to run a script at determined time or anything, I wanted a full automation.

However what I see right now is that the trigger ran with the user that is inserting the data. I'm not very confortable with that since I must open my main database to the user of the inserting application or even deleting information. There's a data risk right now.

Thanks,

Michel

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve by running the trigger as another user. I think this would cause you more headaches than it would solve.

"I'm not very confortable with that since I must open my main database to the user of the inserting application or even deleting information." -- using the trigger as another user could open your database up to anonymous use, if it is even possible.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.