Mongooseman 0 Light Poster

I am currently developing an Access 2000 database for the purchasing department at work, and I'm learning as I go. The tables are all set up. I'm trying to create forms to update the tables, but I've run into a few problems.

A simple example is the Parts table. It contains information about parts the department orders for technicians, including an ID, description, quality assurance person, etc. It's related to a separate table of OEM numbers (because we buy the same parts from multiple manufacturers, a part can have multiple OEM numbers) and a similar table of in-house ID numbers.

I would like to create a form that creates a record for the Parts table and related records in the OEM and RDM Number tables. I've tried using queries and forms in various ways, but I haven't yet discerned an answer. I also know a little VBA, but I don't know much about the Access-specific objects.

The idea I had was to bind the form to a query that takes info from the Parts, OEM_No, and RDM_No tables. This allows me to view the information I need but not update it. Then I would add a command button and modify the textbox controls in VBA to update all the tables. I'm still playing with this, but like the other methods, I keep running into dead ends.

I've had difficulties finding good documentation on Access. Most resources are for later versions or are too simplistic for my needs. I would greatly appreciate any help with my problem.