rhino666 0 Newbie Poster

Hi

New to this forum so hello from sunny Coventry, UK

My website uses MySQL which is accessed through PHPmyAdmin via CPanel. I have a major update to do on my main product inventory database. The standard edit/insert facility is too slow and risky in this instance as 1000's of records involved.

I want to be able to export my data, edit in a spreadsheet like Excel and then import back to the database. Have tried exporting in the formats available like SQL, CSV, CSV for Excel, etc but all the editors I have tried either lose the header information or screw up the format somehow so that the edited file cannot be imported back into MySQL.

Can some kind person please suggest a spreadsheet style editor like Excel that will allow editing of the exported database file and also allow me to import back to MySQL through PHPmyAdmin as an updated/new database.

Struggling here as deadline for product updates is 13th August and even with a good editor many hours of work to do.

Thanks

Rob

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.