Hi,
I am creating a website where users will be able to submit forms. In the form they will be able to submit text and uploaded images. With regards to uploaded images, once they are submitted, what is the best way to save them? Is it to a MySQL database or save it to the disk itself.
Could someone give an example of whichever way is the best way? Any help is appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

My view is that the image is best saved on to the hard drive and a link to the image gets saved into the database. You'll save space in your DB and speed up any queries that are run to find the image.

My view is that the image is best saved on to the hard drive and a link to the image gets saved into the database. You'll save space in your DB and speed up any queries that are run to find the image.

Very agree, if the database server grows loo large in size it will consume too much cpu resources, that's very dangerous

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.