I set a password to mysql console in wamp. I followed a video tutorial.
And it was successful.
But now I can't access phpmyadmin or localhost.
It says invalid password ...And gives no option to type the password.

How can I solve this??

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

If you remember the MySQL root password, then go to phpMyAdmin directory under directory like wamp\apps\phpmyadmin3.1.3.1 and open config.inc.php. And provide the correct password in

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'password_here';

If you remember the MySQL root password, then go to phpMyAdmin directory under directory like wamp\apps\phpmyadmin3.1.3.1 and open config.inc.php. And provide the correct password in

ok thankx. 1 more q!

I changed the root password (@ mysql console)... Will that be a problem???

No

I know very very little about wamp, php or mysql. I installed wamp to be able to use Dreamweaver and follow some online lessons on lynda.com. I could not connect and use phpMyAdmin. I kept getting the following error message: MySQL said:

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.
I opened the config.inc.php file as stated above. I then changed the following:
$cfg[$i] = 'root';
$cfg[$i]
= 'I put my mysql password in here';
$cfg[$i]
= true;
I don't know if this will mess something up somewhere down the line or not.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.