Hi everyone,

I am tasked to alter the front-end of the database and have been given the whole wad of PHP files and also an .SQL file.

My question is, Why i cant see any changes to the database front-end when i change the .sql file. (I tried creating a new column in one table, lets call it abc123, and column name is equipment_name).

Its pretty basic question but has got me totally stumped. Also, would appreciate if someone could guide me on how to proceed to change the front-end. what files will i actually need to update to see the changes ive made to any table/database .

looking for quick answer.

Kind regards,

Contributors
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by pritaeas

The .sql file is just a dump of the database. If you make changes to this file, it won't affect the database itself. You either need to use e.g. phpMyAdmin, a database tool or import the sql file again to change the database.

What php files you need to change is hard to say without more specific information.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.