Hello every one
i downloaded "microsoft sql server 2005" and installed it correctly but i m now confused b'coz i can't find Query Analyser.Can any one help me out of the situation .

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by dipankar.

I'm guessing you are coming from a SQL 2000 environment. If you want to write a query, just click the New Query button. You can also analyze the query in the Database Engine Tuning Advisor (Tools->Database Engine Tuning Advisor).

well thnx 4 da reply,but after installation of the software i got only "Configuration Tools" .

Yo should download SQL Server Management Studio Express from Microsoft download center

Hello every one
i downloaded "microsoft sql server 2005" and installed it correctly but i m now confused b'coz i can't find Query Analyser.Can any one help me out of the situation .

SQL Query Analyzer is of SQL Server 2000 but SQL 2005 doesnt have.
You will need SQL Management Studio Standard/Express, search for the setup from google and install.

Thanx a lot buddies my problem was solved after i downloaded "SQL Management Studio Express" :). Earlier i only downloaded "Microsoft SQL 2005 Server Express Edition" .

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.