Friends, in my project(i'm using php and mysql & i'll be getting all the detail from th user) I've to create a seperate ID for each family. For each family I've to maintain the family members details and the contact details.Now wats the problem is how can I add or delete the number of users according to the numbers of persons in the family.Because in each family we hava different no. of members.So I don't know how many i've to use to main the family members details.The important thing is contact details will be the same but the no. of family members will differ and we need to store the name and age of the family members.KIndly reply me as soon as possible.I'm very much frustrated thinking of this.Pls help me by providin the database design/code.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Family Master (all common details will come under this table)
family_id,
fam_address,
fam_city,
fam_phone)

Member_master (all member related details along with family id will come under this table)
member_id
family_id ( foreign key from above table)
member_name
member_birthdate

Thanks for the table design.Now
1.) how can I add & delete a new member in the family.
2.) Also how can I view & update the details of the family.
3.) Also I need to have only one photo identity for the family.
How can I do the above three using the html form designing and php. Please help me with the code or describe it in detail.Thank you so much.

Writing or explaining whole code will be difficult, better you search some php form tutorial and If you find any problem you may post that particular problem here.

No need of posting the entire code.Tell me how can I get the member details, contact details and also especially i need to add one photo for identity. Just tell me how can I do all these things in a single page using one or more forms.I searched a lot, but not able to find.Please.

There is no straight forward way of entereing multiple table entry in one single page. It requires lot of javascript and php coding to achive such thing.
For photograph, You can keep one photo_filename column in family table. where you should allow user to upload photo file. and save its name in the above column.
You should go two separate pages one for family and another for member.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.