zia zia 0 Newbie Poster

Hello Guys,

I need someone's help please. I just recently started to learn MYSQL and am a complete novice. I learned a few things from here and there but it's still not enough for me to complete my ("they called it a basic simple task" ) new project. The project is basically like this:
To develop a little form with a MySQL storage back-end that basically records the following:

Asset no. Should be a standard text field
Person assigned to. Should be a standard text field
Current date/time. Should be a standard text field
Serial no. Should be a standard text field
Description. Should be a textarea

I have created a new database for it already. I have to built the system, and will put a login front-end on it. After it has been inserted I will need a second interface to query against the data, for example lets say nana comes to me and says a keyboard has gone out but unsure who to I could go into the system drop down a box that says keyboard and then second boxes which would be date 1 and date 2

So you would query against the database like SELECT fields FROM `db_name` WHERE asset_date BETWEEN(‘DATE1’,’DATE2);
Etc…

All it would be used for is to record what stock we have in, e.g. Mouse, Keyboards, Flash drives and who has them.

I have created a new database for it already by following a few tutorials but as I said it's not enough, I need someone's step by step guide so please someone help me pleaseeeeee.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.