in mysql i have a field named S_No which i placed on auto_increment. whenever i delete the second row from the database and next time when i m trying to add another row in database its starts from the 3rd incremental value and basically i don't want it, i wana that it again starts from the second incremental value.
thankful on reply.....
Reg@rds*****

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by drjohn

i wnt to knw that what you are using at your frontend with mysql as a back end......coz if you are not satisfied with mysql auto increment then you can use loop in your frontend for auto increment...........

i wnt to knw that what you are using at your frontend with mysql as a back end......coz if you are not satisfied with mysql auto increment then you can use loop in your frontend for auto increment...........

.....Thanks PreetG on reply
i m using phpMyAdmin interface,
and hopefully u understood on my problem.... so plz if u have any better idea so plz share with me, i w'll be thankful to u...

The reason auto-increment doesn't reuse values is to avoid the same id number being used more than once, I.E. to guarentee unique values.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.