I have database for a project i'm working on. yesterday i restored it from an old backup and the schema changed back to a earlier state.
but now all the sstored procedures , views etc are missing and the project system can't use it and work.
so is there any way to restore or rollback to the state of the database to yesterdays state?
ASAP!! since the submission date is on 15th or earlier

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I'm afraid there isn't a way. I've seen this question asked time after time in various forums and blogs and the answer is no. SQL Server completely wipes your data and replaces it with the recovered backup file. Cannot be recovered via transaction logs either.

On Windows, do you have automatic recovery turned on? Maybe you can recover the last mdf/ldf's and then attach those files. If it's hosted elsewhere, perhaps they have a backup.

Good luck!

I'm afraid there isn't a way. I've seen this question asked time after time in various forums and blogs and the answer is no. SQL Server completely wipes your data and replaces it with the recovered backup file. Cannot be recovered via transaction logs either.

On Windows, do you have automatic recovery turned on? Maybe you can recover the last mdf/ldf's and then attach those files. If it's hosted elsewhere, perhaps they have a backup.

Good luck!

thank you for your reply. i found that few of the views and stored procedures were not removed. i have fixed the database and recreated the other stored procedures manually :-)

might be a good idea to always take a backup before you do anything, even restoring. Sometimes, things just don't work out the way we plan.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.