how can i disable the save function. The database that I am making now is being shared by many users and i do not want them to mess up with my design and programming stuff that i had done. I have tried making the file into ACCDE format but it shows an error saying they are unable to create .accde file and shows me this message:
This error is usually associated with compiling a large database into an MDE file.  Because of the method used to compile the database, a considerable number of TableID references are created for each table.  The Access database engine can only create a maximum of 2048 open TableIDs at one time.  Exporting a database as an MDE potentially can exceed this limit if the database has a large number of objects (table, macro, form, report, etc).
There is no accurate method to estimate the number of TableIDs the Access database engine uses during the process of compiling a database as an MDE.  However, each VBA module and each form uses one TableID, as a result, if the database has 500 forms, and each form's HasModule property is set to Yes, as many as 1,000 TableIDs are used.

so is there any other ways to prevent the users to mess up with my things and not making the file into ACCDE format? If you have any links which will teaches me how to do it please post it as well=)

Thx alot in advance

Yes, you should make an ACCDE file. What is happening right now is that you have compile errors that you need to fix before it can compile to an ACCDE. So, open the VBA window, and go up to DEBUG > COMPILE {yourprojectnamehere} and run the compile. Fix the error that it highlights and then go compile again and keep fixing the errors until you have no more errors. Then you should be able to create the ACCDE file.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.