Hi Guys

I have an application that developed using ASP.net.There is cancel option,user can select number of item code and cancel it,but there is isssue.The issue is once user select more than 200 item code to cancel then it generate the error messsage.Error message is

"Time Expird or server is not respond"

Above message is not exact message but above I mention the meaning of the error message.
After that using sql profiler ,I trace the exception while cancel the item code.In trace I got message like "Error: 8114, Severity: 16, State: 5".Please tell me what is meaning of the Erorr and how to over come this issue.

Thanks
Tank50

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

--This will tell you about error 8114
SELECT description FROM master..sysmessages
WHERE error = 8114 AND severity = 16 AND msglangid = 1033

Try wrapping your code in try catch to get more details.

Example:

BEGIN TRY   
   --This will cause an error
   DECLARE @number int
   SET @number = 'ABC'
END TRY

BEGIN CATCH
   --Capture the error info
   SELECT ERROR_NUMBER() AS ErrorNumber
	  ,ERROR_SEVERITY() AS ErrorSeverity
	  ,ERROR_STATE() AS ErrorState
	  ,ERROR_PROCEDURE() AS ErrorProcedure
	  ,ERROR_LINE() AS ErrorLine
	  ,ERROR_MESSAGE() AS ErrorMessage;	    		 
END CATCH

Hi

Thanks for reply,but I find that error from sql server profiler.and the cancel process works fine for few item code like 25 item codes.Once number of item codes increase it generate the error message .why it works for few items?I dont have query that error message generate from application use in our company.

Thanks

Can you retrieve the query that is erroring from profiler?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.