Hi all

I'd just like to know what option would be better for my VPS. I'm going to have a number of domains on my VPS and they're all going to be connecting to the same database.

Should I create one user that all my domains use to connect to the database or should I create individual users for each and every domain? Please give me the pros and cons of each.

It's a question of security.
If all domains share the same mysql user you have to define this user's access right's to the database only once. This makes it more manageable that a bunch of users, especially since mysql does not have a concept of user groups.
If all domains have different mysql users it's easier to revoke a compromised access. But since all share the same database and presumably the same web application and even the same data it might be easier for an intruder to hijack another login once he has broken into the database.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.