i got this error to on my database

"Host 'localhost' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server"

and when i tried to use mysql workbench i got this

"cannot connect to the database server"

what is wrong with my database, its the second time happen to me. yesterday i got this problem and i don't have any idea why is it happening i tried to look answers in google but i din't find any answers, that was the first time i encounter that error. i cant find any solution on that, what i do is, i tried to re-install my mysql full re-installing then it goes find and working will, but today when i start up my PC and I open my database I got the problem again the same as my problem yesterday.

BTW I am using MySQL 5.5

Can ask somebody who can help me about this. I have no other Idea how to fix it.

I will appreciate for any help

Recommended Answers

are u able to work with mysql usin phpmyadmin, there i think you can look into privileges, where you can specify which host,user can connect and what he can access.

Jump to Post

Host localhost is not allowed something like than

It pays to read error messages a little more closely than "something like that".
What does it say exactly? Probably 'user@localhost is not permitted' or something like that.
Try to connect with the mysql command line program and mysql -uroot In a …

Jump to Post

All 5 Replies

are u able to work with mysql usin phpmyadmin, there i think you can look into privileges, where you can specify which host,user can connect and what he can access.

i am not using phpmyadmin, when i tr to access the user privileges using "Manage Security" on mysql Workbench, its still i got the error Host localhost is not allowed something like that. when i try to use the mysql command line client when i open it it will automatically closed. i dont know what is happening.

Host localhost is not allowed something like than

It pays to read error messages a little more closely than "something like that".
What does it say exactly? Probably 'user@localhost is not permitted' or something like that.
Try to connect with the mysql command line program and mysql -uroot In a standard XAMPP installation the root@localhost account does not need a password. Otherwise, if you have set a root password on installing, connect with mysql -uroot -p<password> The you can have a look at the mysql.user and mysql.db tables to see which privileges are set.

commented: yes +13

i cant access into command line client even the password is right, then when i entered the password it was automatically close the command line client. then i tried to use phpmyadmin but i got "Acces denied".

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.21 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.